Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday, January 9th

Journal - Do you use images from the internet? Do you site your images when you use them? Do you think you should be able to take anything from the internet without permission? Explain

I do use images from the internet for certain projects and diagrams, if a research paper requires it. I can't draw so  pictures are a much better way for me to get my point across in artistic projects. I do not site the website if i print out a picture and use it on a poster, but if its on an online project i will put the website in the bibliography. I think it is important to site sources when you are using information on a topic that you did not formerly know. Pictures are a little different since if you put it on google-images  than everyone can find it and use it. You are putting out there for all to see and if you didn't want people to use that image than don't put it on a website for everyone. It's no different from cutting a picture out from a magazine or newspaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment